Full Stack Developer
(Working remotely option is available) If posting is still up we are still recruiting!
One in five Canadian adults suffers from chronic pain and mental illness is experienced by one in three. Mental and physical health are linked. Inagene Diagnostics Inc. introduced a simple cheek swab test that helps doctors predict how individuals will respond to a medication before it is administered. This best-in-class decision support tool helps clinicians, and their patients choose the right medication, avoiding the lengthy, and frustrating, process of trial and error.
According to the Canadian Mental Health Association, the second wave of the pandemic has intensified feelings of stress and anxiety, causing alarming levels of despair, suicidal thoughts, and hopelessness in the population. Unrelieved pain costs Canadians an estimated $43-60 billion per year in health care expenditures and lost productivity, according to the Canadian Pain Research Summit Report. Patients will undergo an odyssey of different treatments, leading to waste, prolonged suffering, and even opioid addiction. A person’s response to medications can be explained by their unique pharmacogenetic profile.
Inagene’s Personalized Insights™ test helps individuals find the right medication. Two out of three patients will fail their first medication trial. Inagene’s test provides guidance regarding the possible ineffectiveness or otherwise unforeseen, and potentially severe, side-effects of treatments, including cannabis. The quality of Inagene’s test is ensured by its own sole purpose, genetic testing, and research lab in downtown Toronto.
Job Summary (Primary Function):
Inagene is looking to hire its first full time technology employee to continue to evolve its Vue/Laravel based pharmacogenetic platform. The platform powers both the medical lab and the patient and health care provider experience. This is a senior engineer role. Working remotely available with occasional visits to the office as required.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key Responsibilities):
- Design, plan and implement key roadmap features
- Increase scalability and performance of the platform
- Contribute to overall technology direction and roadmap
- Consistently demonstrates excellent analytical, communication and solid experience in SaaS software development
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency):
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Backend experience in at least one common MVC framework, Laravel/PHP preferred
- Frontend experience in at least one component-based framework, Vue preferred
- Understanding of DevOps and cloud operations
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills
- Ability to follow and implement standard software development procedures and processes
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration
- Diplomatic, collaborative, hands on and team oriented
- Past experience in a regulated environment (HIPAA, SOC II, GDPR, etc.) is an asset
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Inagene Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Inagene welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume