Technical Lead & Senior Developer (Remote – Canada)
Job Summary (Primary Function):
Inagene is looking to hire a hands-on technical lead for its development team as they continue to the Vue/Laravel based pharmacogenetic platform. The platform powers both the medical lab and the patient and health care provider experience. This position will report to the CTO and involve working with the scientific and business teams.
- Oversee day to day development of the team (Sprint planning, code reviews, etc)
- Contribute to overall technology direction and roadmap
- Design, plan and implement key roadmap features
- Increase scalability and performance of the platform
- Participate in hiring process
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years Backend experience Laravel/PHP (or other MVC framework such as Django or Rails)
- 2+ years Frontend experience in Vue (or related frameworks such as React or Angular)
- Understanding of DevOps and cloud operations
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration
- Past experience in a regulated environment (HIPPA, SOC II, GDPR, etc) is an asset
We believe patients are not simply seeking more information, but practical and individualized information they can use to help make the best possible decisions about their health. Inagene Personalized Insights™ makes it easy for patients, individuals and health care practitioners to navigate to the safest and most effective treatment options, and steer clear of those that aren’t.
Inagene’s Personalized Insights™ genetics test helps individuals find the right medication. Two out of three patients will fail their first medication trial. Inagene’s test provides guidance regarding the possible ineffectiveness or otherwise unforeseen, and potentially severe, side-effects of treatments, including cannabis. The quality of Inagene’s test is ensured by its own sole purpose, genetic testing and research lab in downtown Toronto.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Inagene Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Inagene welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume