Technical Product Manager
Inagene is looking to hire a Technical Product Manager who will be responsible for product* planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Technical Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
*Product: The Inagene on-line portal and digital pharmacogenetic testing reports
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for Inagene’s digital products (pharmacogenetic test reports and platform, associated assets), including market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
- Ensure an optimal user journey across all user types
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, and technical requirements.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization.
- Ensure product operates and functions as needed/expected.
- Provide on-going product function and feature quality control.
- Support product positioning and messaging that differentiates Inagene and its features across primary market segments.
- Thoroughly understand and monitor the competition.
- Act as a cross-functional leader within the company
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager working closely with engineering, or as an engineering lead working closely with product management
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Detail oriented and analytical
- able to spot issues as well as values hidden in a variety of data sources
- a keen eye for quality control
- Committed to breaking down complex problems into smaller pieces, and putting your imagination to work by orchestrating them in solving new problems
- Knowledgeable about modern cloud-based software architecture, relational databases, and APIs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable managing multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills
- A teamwork champion, a critical thinker, and a life-long learner
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration
- Highly empathetic towards patients and customers
- Strong business acumen, and a true believer in measurable outcomes
- Past experience in a regulated environment (HIPPA, SOC II, GDPR, etc.) is an asset
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
We believe patients are not simply seeking more information, but practical and individualized information they can use to help make the best possible decisions about their health. Inagene Personalized Insights™ makes it easy for patients, individuals and health care practitioners to navigate to the safest and most effective treatment options, and steer clear of those that aren’t.
Inagene’s Personalized Insights™ genetics test helps individuals find the right medications for them, with minimal trial and error. Two out of three patients will fail their first medication trial. Inagene’s test provides guidance regarding the possible ineffectiveness or otherwise unforeseen, and potentially severe, side-effects of medications, including cannabis. The quality of Inagene’s test is ensured by its own sole purpose, genetic testing and dedicated, accredited research lab in downtown Toronto.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Inagene Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Inagene welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume