Clinical Affairs Lead
In any given year, one in five Canadians are in need of mental health services. Mental health problems represent the largest single cause of disability in the world. Almost half of people with chronic pain have a diagnosis of depression and two-thirds of people are unable to work outside the home. Attempts to treat chronic pain are costly to the healthcare system.
Following the COVID epidemic Mental Health services are stretched to 180% of capacity so new and innovative approaches to reduce the demand on services and optimise treatment are recommended as a high priority.
A targeted approach to prescribing utilising pharmacogenetics where a person’s response to medications can be explained by their unique pharmacogenetic profile, can assist the decision-making process speeding up the time to achieving effective treatment and improving patient outcomes.
Inagene Diagnostics Inc.is a Canadian company specialising in pharmacogenetics. Inagene’s Personalized Insights™ Pain and Mental Health Panel using a simple cheek swab, helps doctors predict how individuals will respond to a drug before it is administered. The best-in-class decision support tool helps clinicians and their patients choose the right medication, avoiding the lengthy, and frustrating, process of trial and error when establishing a patient on their most effective treatment. The test provides guidance regarding the possible ineffectiveness or otherwise unforeseen, and potentially severe, side-effects of treatments, including cannabis. The quality of Inagene’s test is ensured by its own sole purpose, genetic testing and research lab in Canada.
Clinical Affairs Lead
Job Summary (Primary Function):
Reporting to the Global Scientific Director, the Clinical Affairs Lead is a clinical expert and strategic resource for the company, focusing on providing clinically oriented strategic analysis and leadership, including engagement with healthcare providers to foster Inagene product uptake, fostering innovative growth, and supporting research and business collaborations across the Inagene portfolio.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains collaborative relationships with key healthcare professionals, investigators, institutions, groups and consortia strategic to the use of company products
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains B2B partnerships to meet strategic business objectives
- Contributes to strategic analysis of company business direction, including but not limited to KPI determination, market dynamics and key trends
- Closely collaborates with marketing to improve brand awareness, increasing customer base, increasing product usage, introduction of new products, and entrance into new markets
- Conducts pharmacy consultations with consumers as needed
- Provides education to the healthcare community on Inagene products and areas of focus
- Provides outreach and leadership in determining and actioning strategic initiatives within the third party payor space
- Actively champions pharmacist and other HCP uptake of pharmacogenetic service offering in patient care settings, through professional and business development initiatives
- Provides training and support as needed to global partners including UK.
- Increases company visibility and enhances professional interaction with current and future pharmacogenetic leaders
- Identifies, validates, and develops clinical research opportunities that are consistent with company objectives
- Represents the primary contact for investigator-initiated research projects, facilitating the process from concept submission through publication
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research insights to help shape company research, and to ensure appropriate use of Inagene marketed products
- Maintains a high level of clinical and scientific expertise through ongoing training and self-education, including attendance at relevant conferences and review of key publications
- Gathers and disseminates competitive intelligence information in a compliant manner
- Provides responses to medical questions from healthcare providers and requests for medical information
- Completes accurate and timely reports, project plans, and required documentation requests
- Possesses and continually develops strong knowledge in target disease states (i.e., Pain Management, Mental Health and Neurology) and professional practice
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in translating medical/clinical information into medical affairs strategies
- Conducts him/herself with diplomacy, professionalism, and a collaborative, hands on and team oriented approach
- Actively contributes to product enhancements and awareness through a collaborative framework, including but not limited to blog posts, newsletters, website features and other written communication
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency):
This role requires the background, expertise and intellect of a scientifically and clinically experienced professional whose credentials closely match the following parameters:
- MSc or PhD or PharmD qualified, with demonstrated scientific productivity (publications, abstracts, etc.), a strong interest and aptitude for translational medicine, genetics or pharmacogenetics (highly desirable);
- Significant experience in industry and/or a biotech environment, with involvement in or exposure to pre and post market clinical development programs;
- Good understanding of relevant disciplines such as biostatistics, regulatory, clinical pharmacology, pre-clinical toxicology, pharmacogenomics and biomarker-based approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and an expert team player with demonstrated ability to be a part of multi-functional teams;
- A natural networker who forges strong relationships and alliances at all levels, internally & externally;
- Highly motivated, passionate, energetic and action oriented and results driven.
- Ability to summarize complex scientific information and present in a clear, concise, confident, and scientifically accurate and balanced manner to a range of audiences as 1:1 discussion and group presentation.
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, research consortia, and practice networks.
- Possesses demonstrable effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and can step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority
- Travel required as needed to meet business needs and perform job functions (e.g., internal meetings, medical meetings/conferences, KOL engagements, advisory board meetings, etc.) and internationally (attend North America/global meetings)
- Strong scientific curiosity and an eagerness to explore new products and therapeutic areas.
- Bilingual is considered an asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required. (sourced from MSL job description)
To Apply: Please click apply now to submit your resume