Inagene is committed to helping healthcare providers apply personalized medicine to their practice.
Drug treatment for pain and mental health conditions is rarely straightforward, due in large part to genetics. Reliance on “trial and error” in providing tolerable and efficacious treatments has been shown to result in over two-thirds of patients failing first line treatments, due to lack of efficacy and/or adverse drug effects.
It is not atypical to require 3 or more trials to find the right treatment, during which time, patients may be exposed to ineffective medications with potential adverse effects, as well as the harmful effects of the pain or mental health condition itself. Time consuming and costly, the "trial and error" process can lead to issues such as:
- Poor adherence due to perceived lack of efficacy or side effects
- Adverse drug reactions and/or hospitalizations
- Extended disability
- Development of drug tolerance or dependency
More than 98% of individuals carry genetic variants known to cause an altered response to some drugs
Genetic factors are estimated to drive approximately 60% of individual drug response variability (20 – 95% depending on the drug).
Over 115 genetic variants have been identified that are known to impact individual responses to over 120 commonly used drug treatments for pain and mental health conditions
The science of pharmacogenetics offers an alternative to the "trial and error" approach to prescribing, and has been shown to:
Inagene Personalized Insights™ Unique Pharmacogenetic Offering:
Interested in seeing an interactive sample of our report to see how the Personalized Insights(TM) Report can help your treatment plans?
Inagene’s dedicated genetic testing and research lab service is available directly to patients, or by recommendation from their health care professional.
1. Patient orders Inagene Personalized Insights™ cheek swab sample kit online at www.inagene.com and performs 5 minute test at home (Retail price $299 - Use code MH20 to receive 20% off).
2. Sample is mailed to Inagene’s accredited lab for analysis in postage paid return envelope .
3. (Within 7 days) Patient views and shares easy-to-understand results with health care professional via secure online portal.
We're proud of the rigor we apply in all we do to ensure you receive the most comprehensive and up-to-date recommendations possible to confidently enable personalized treatment. Our reports and list of medications are updated every 6 - 8 months (at no charge) to reflect new and evolving data, and insights/feedback from patients and health care practitioners.