Inagene Diagnostics Launches the Third Episode of the HealthyHelix
Inagene Diagnostics CEO Nancy White hosts the third episode of The HealthyHelix alongside Lois Nahirney, CEO, dnaPower.
In this episode, Nancy and Lois explore health through the lens of genetics, personalized medicine and prevention in order to help listeners make the best decisions to live their healthiest lives in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, how our genes play a vital role in virus susceptibility, responses to treatments used, and ultimately disease outcome
“There's a lot we can learn through our genetics and how you can take preventive action to keep you and your family safe. We want to start with talking about prevention because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” Nancy states.
Lois introduces immunePower, a tool to understand the common genes that have been linked to COVID-19.
A few highlights of the second episode are:
- Lois walks through immunePower and uncovers some genetic variances in a couple of critical genes that increase susceptibility to COVID-19
- Which blood types have a higher predisposition to the virus
- What we can learn about genetics and what they can tell you about predispositions towards getting sick
- How genetics impact how well each of us responds to the medications and doses each of us may be exposed to when we are sick, and why this is important in the context of the pandemic
- COVID and mental health implications
Watch the third episode on Youtube or listen to the audio through Spotify!